- First on our list of Top 10 picks is Ibiza, Spain. Whether you're venturing on a family hols, a girls trip or a couples retreat, there is something for everyone in this gorgeously scenic island. Not only does Ibiza have some of the most beautiful beaches, but they are also among the cleanest beaches in the Mediterranean. We recommended checking out Bambuddha Groove Restaurant and Lounge for literal temple vibes.
- If you're looking for a sunny trip abroad, one of our fave recommendations is Split, Croatia. With it's gorgeous atmospheric Roman ruins, stunning beaches and national parks, it really is one of a kind. And the best part? It's only a 2.5 hour plane journey away! Our number 1 recommendation is to take a dip in the gorgeous Krka Waterfalls.
- Explore the island life with a beachy holiday to Fuerteventura, Spain. It's pristine beaches, guaranteed sunshine and natural beauty, will have you in holiday-heaven. Whilst it's neighboring islands Tenerife and Gran Canaria are rather busy, Fuerteventura is a much calmer and quieter island, the perfect place to enjoy the laid-back undeveloped beaches. Why not take a trip to the famous Corralejo Natural Park, which has 11km long sand dunes!
4. If your holiday check list this year consists of sandy beaches, warm weather and a laid-back night life, then Los Cabos, Mexico is the perfect destination for you. If you manage to drag yourself away from the perfectly powdered beaches, a lovely day activity is whale watching and snorkelling. We also recommend taking a few days to explore the City of Cabo San Lucas and try some local cuisine!
5. For all our loved-up couples out there, Santorini, Greece is one of the most gorgeously picturesque places you could visit. With it's cluster of white wash buildings, stunning sunsets and bright blue seas, you are bound to feel like you are walking through the set of a romantic film. We recommend taking an afternoon stroll up to Oia and finding yourself a quiet bar or restaurant to watch the sunset.
6. When talking about Bali, we couldn't quite pick one area to recommend because they are all so beautiful in their own way. If you have access to a lengthy holiday, our best advice would be to pack up for a month or so, and travel around different areas of this gorgeous destination. If you're flying that far, you may as well make the most of it right?! An absolute MUST for us is to visit Monkey Forest in Ubud. Be careful though and keep your bags zipped tightly or you may experience a cheeky monkey stealing your sunnies!
7. Bringing it back a little closer to home with the gorgeous gem, the Algarve, Portugal. Whether you're a surfer, beach lover, or adventurer, the charming beach towns will absolutely steal your heart. One of our top recommendations when visiting the calm towns around the Algarve, it to take some time to look around the ceramics shops. Why not grab a few souvenirs to take home?
8. If you've made it this far through our Top Ten Picks travel blog, then you might have realised we love a warm beachy holiday here at Barry M. Which is why, we couldn't leave off the ultra-romantic Island Nation that is The Maldives
. Known for it's luxurious bungalows on the water and glass floors, The Maldives is definitely one you want to add to the bucket list. Oh and if you were thinking this holiday might be a bit too pricey, there is now a growing budget travel scene, so it is definitely one to look into. If you're travelling all the way to The Maldives, we can't recommend enough that you visit the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, where you will eat your dinner whilst being surrounded by Reef Sharks and Manta Rays.
9. Giving the beach holiday a miss this year, and looking for a city break? Why not plan a trip to Florence, Italy, one of the art and cultural centers of the world. Strolling around the cobbled streets of Florence, surrounded by historical buildings and the enticing smell of freshly cooked pizza, will have you falling in love with the city in just a few minutes. We recommend taking some time to visit the Galleria Delgi Uffizi, home to the worlds greatest collection of Italian Renaissance.
10. Last but not least, this small but diverse country will have you absolutely fascinated, with it's adventures and wildlife. Ecuador, South America is an absolute MUST. The most famous feature of this small country are the Galapagos Islands. If you stick to the land, you will be greeted by giant tortoises and black iguanas, or sea turtles, manta rays, reals and plenty of sharks if you wish to venture out into the waters. You really can't give this one a miss! We recommend visiting Black Turtle Cove to see numerous species of rare wildlife and plants.