At Barry M, we love makeup but we love our planet more.
We’re a small, family-run business on a journey to become a better, more sustainable brand through our products, packaging and partnerships.
Discover the initiatives we have in place so far, helping us to leave a more positive impact on the world we love.
Cruelty Free & Vegan Beauty
We’re incredibly proud to be a cruelty free beauty brand since our beginnings in 1982! This means we have never tested our products or ingredients on animals, and we never will.
In 2020, we became 100% vegan across our entire product range, so you can feel confident that none of our makeup or Nail Paints are made with any animal derived ingredients, or by-products.
Recyclability & Reducing Waste
As part of our journey, we’ve been focusing on reducing waste and lowering our environmental impact. We are continuing to challenge ourselves and our suppliers to deliver more sustainable and recyclable packaging solutions with each new product drop.
Here’s what we’ve achieved so far:
- Around 70% of our product range is filled in our purpose-built factory, in North London, helping us to lower our global production impact. We take pride in being an independent, family-run business which started and continues to grow in London.
- Reducing the use of virgin plastic within our products and utilising at least 30% PCR* (post-consumer recycled) or PET* (Polyethylene Terephthalate) plastic, which are 100% recyclable and a more environmentally friendly choice.
- Introducing PIR* (post-industrial recycled) glass, which is reclaimed and repurposed to give the material a second life.
- Removing all magnets, elastic bands and mirrors to ensure that our palettes are 100% recyclable.
- All BarryM.com online orders are sent out in 100% recyclable packaging, so you can pop these straight in your home recycling bin after opening your haul (or even better, keep to reuse!). Our parcel bags, boxes and bubble wrap are all made with at least 65% recycled materials, too.
RECYCLING YOUR PALETTE
Our Heatwave Bronzers are enriched with Fair Trade Shea Butter, sourced from the Tungteiya Women’s Association in Ghana, an inspiring community using traditional processes passed down from generation to generation.
Our ambition is to bring you the latest affordable beauty trends and we are incredibly proud to be partnered with some inspiring charities to help us deliver this goal, while simultaneously raising vital awareness and donations for causes close to our heart.
Supporting endangered species great and small, and some of the most important eco-systems and habitats in the world, our WILDLIFE® collections are created to give back to nature. Through our WILDLIFE® collaborations, we aim to raise imperative awareness and funds for wildlife conservation work carried out by our partner charities. Barry M donates 20% net profits of every WILDLIFE® product you buy, making a positive contribution towards our beautiful, wild world.
Meet our WILDLIFE® partner charities and find out more about their vital work:
- The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation - operating across Africa and Asia to end wildlife crime and protect endangered species in their natural habitat through conservation.
- People’s Trust for Endangered Species – protecting the UK’s delicately balanced ecosystem by bringing our most threatened species back from the brink
- Ocean Generation - empowering an inclusive global movement to tackle Ocean threats through Science and Storytelling.
We know there is always more work to do, and we’re excited to share our evolving sustainability journey with you. Check back here, and on our social channels, for future updates as we progress our plans to become a more planet conscious beauty brand.